REASONS TO INVEST IN THE FREE TRADE & PROCESSING ZONE
- Excellent geographic location. The islands offer easy access to markets in Europe, North America, Central America, South America and the Caribbean .
- Tropical climate. Warm all day and pleasantly cool at night. Temperatures generally range from the mid 70's to the mid 80's.
- Compatible time zone. Eastern Standard Time + 1 hour (winter); Greenwich Mean Time - 5 hours (winter) Eastern Standard Time (summer); Greenwich Mean Time - 4 (summer).
AIR AND SEA TRANSPORT FACILITIES
- VC Bird International Airport, a modern international airport, globally accessible by connecting flights is serviced by most of the major international airlines as well as the major regional airlines.
- The St. John's Deep Water Harbour is serviced by international shipping lines over the world.
- Telecommunications hub for the Caribbean - Cable & Wireless.
- Local fibre optic loop.
- Modern internal and international telecommunications services.
- Local telephone service controlled by Government through the Antigua Public Utilities Authority ( APUA ), which provides the most modern telephone services nationally.
LEGAL & POLITICAL FRAMEWORK
- Antigua and Barbuda is an independent country.
- A democratically elected government with free elections every five (5) years.
- One of the most politically stable environments in the region.
- The Government encourages and protects foreign investment.
- Foreign investment enjoys the full protection of the Laws of Antigua and Barbuda .
- The system of Government in Antigua and Barbuda follows the Westminister Model of Parliament.
- Easy access to markets in Europe, North America, Central America, South America and the Caribbean through the existence of bilateral trade agreements such as CBI, CARICOM, Cotonou, Caribcan, FTAA and OECS.
- The United States of America and England are the two (2) major trading partners of Antigua and Barbuda .
- 100% foreign ownership is acceptable.
- Joint ventures are encouraged.
- Exemption of tax on the repatriation of capital, profits and dividends.
- No personal income tax or corporate tax.
- Offshore banking and offshore insurance operations meeting international standards, local commercial banking and other financial services are available.
- Registration of International Business Corporations is an unencumbered process through the local institution, Financial Services Regulatory Commission (FSRC).
- Exemption from import duty and tax on productive machinery, equipment and raw materials.
- Low crime rate, a very hospitable environment to live and work and friendly people.
- FBOOT Agreements -
Fund, Build, Own, Operate, Transfer. Land is provided upon lease agreement by the Free Trade Zone, the investor constructs the building, owns it and operates it for a pre - agreed period of time in which his investment, plus his interest would have been recouped, then ownership of the property is transferred to the Free Trade Zone.
- Highly literate and trained workforce.
- Good supply of skilled and unskilled workers.
- Good labour relations supported by internationally accepted industrial relation laws.
- Speedy processing of application for licence to operate in the Free Trade and Processing Zone.
- Speedy processing of work permits for non - nationals.
- Fully enabling environment and supporting services.
A GREAT PLACE TO LIVE
- Religious freedom.
- Western standard of living.
- Quality system of education - Kindergarten through State College.
- Good health and social services.
- Residential housing - wide range of accommodations.
- A wide variety of leisure and sporting activities.
- Many hotels and restaurants.